12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Head of Zeus
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Manager to join the award-winning, dynamic Head of Zeus marketing team. The role will work across three Head of Zeus imprints covering fiction to non-fiction, adults and kids working with authors being launched at the beginning of their careers as well as household names and international bestsellers such as Dan Jones, Cixin Liu and Michelle Paver. The three imprints are; Apollo Non-Fiction (adults’ non-fiction), Zephyr (childrens) and Ad Astra (adults’ sci-Fi and fantasy).
The role will suit a creative and enthusiastic marketer who thinks commercially and strategically about their audience, understanding how to engage readers with thumb-stopping creative, irresistible copy and multi-channel targeted activity that spans the entire marketing landscape both on and offline. You’ll have the autonomy to ideate and execute your consumer-focused campaigns with the support of a collaborative and friendly team that works across the list, pushing to grow the business in line with our overarching objectives. We encourage and support innovation and pride ourselves on always questioning if we can improve - or even do something completely new - and we often keep an eye on marketers in gaming, apps and TV to find inspiration for new strategies. The role will also work closely with the Head of Marketing so is perfect for someone who is looking to take on more responsibility or begin to learn how to ideate the wider strategy of marketing within a business.
The role is a temporary maternity cover position for one year. The preference is for full-time but part-time would be considered for the right person. The office is based in Clerkenwell and we work 2 days in the office and the rest from home.
We’re looking for the candidate to begin in late May/early June (exact date TBC).
Specific responsibilities include:
Please note that candidates are not expected to have experience in everything below. This is simply to demonstrate what the role will entail.
- Managing, planning and executing innovative multi-channel marketing campaigns, planning strategically across all formats (physical & eBook) and encompassing both our exciting frontlist titles as well as our exceptional backlist
- Developing positioning and pitch from acquisition and evolving as necessary based on consumer engagement
- Brand strategy and development, working across our imprints and with authors to build their brand and build a cult following of readers
- Digital marketing – Amazon advertising, social advertising, social media marketing, email marketing, website management, influencer marketing, blog tours
- Print Marketing - magazine, newspaper, out-of-home
- Partnership marketing - working with our partners such as NetGalley, LoveReading, Caboodle and children’s specific partners such as Toppsta, ReadingZone and VIP Reading
- Trade Marketing - POS, window displays, retailer communication & promotions
- Data Analysis (especially post-campaign performance)
- Content creation, including briefing designers to produce thumb-stopping visual assets and conversation-starting copy
- Audience development and building including consumer and market research
- Communicating marketing campaigns, strategies and performance to all internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively pursuing new marketing opportunities, new ways of reaching readers and spotting commercial opportunities to increase sales, experimenting and reporting back to the wider team
Please apply if you meet the following:
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience in marketing - experience in trade publishing is a bonus, but not essential – if you have worked in a marketing role and can demonstrate creative ideas, successful direct-to-consumer strategies, passion for and a broad understanding of the bookselling market then we’d love to hear from you
- Commercially minded with strong strategic ROI-led thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn, evolve and adapt with a keen interest in new marketing opportunities
- Highly organised with the ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines
- Outgoing and driven work ethic with ability to work both independently or as part of a team
- Excels in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
Head of Zeus is an equal opportunities employer and encourages candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Salary: c. £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and CV to Jessie Sullivan (she/her), Head of Marketing, at email@example.com by 28th March 2022.